Friday, March 11, 2005

A great day

Yesterday was a really good day! First I had everybody over for church - which was ok (followed by a really bad conversation with some "company people" about church - I love living in community but I hate doing it with people who have no idea about the importance of living in community. These people turn everything into a right and wrong situation and everyone is left to scramble to be right - because being wrong makes you feel stupid. So, yesterday we had a conversation about how church was going 3 hours every week and how the kids couldn't hack it. So, we were talking about how to manage the time better - and someone threw out the idea that we split! Yeah - whatever making the group smaller is not time management - and then some others threw out the idea that we meet during the week to pr - and then super Christian, company man, drives me crazy G said "our team meets for work - that is not church related!" WHATEVER! That is crap! I mean they meat to pr, to catch up on life and to talk about the friends they have - so having the rest of us meet to do that during the week would not be "work" it would be church! But then he said (later on) that he didn't think that our group was a church and that we shouldn't appoint elders (or decision makers) because we weren't going to establish ourselves as a church. Ok, whatever, we are established, others are coming and we need some people to make decisions! so I asked what makes a church - and GET THIS - he said that you have to have a pastor to be a church - CRAP!!!! Anyway) after church my good friend and partner in my practical theology efforts here - V - stayed. We made home made caramel ice cream and chatted. Then we went on a walk and chatted some more - then we made pizza and chatted some more and then we went to her house and watched Laggan - my new favorite movie! I am going to have to buy it! So anyway, we talked about the crap that happened at church, we talked about her flat mate and we talked about life and how we feel when people make everything a win lose situation - and about how we like people but only when they are like us! And how we want to love others, even when they have no concept of valuing others and their opinions - and how that makes us want to rebel - and we talked about life - it was really good! I am really grateful for V - she helps me keep my head, lets me laugh, is really different from me but allows me to learn about her and her experiences and grow in mine - she is just a great friend and it was fun hanging out with her!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home