Monday, January 02, 2006

Stupidity at its finest!

Here is an excellent example of stupidity! Last night I was to pick up my friend Chris at 11:50 at DFW airport. I went and saw King Kong with a friend before I went to get him, and I was at the airport by 11:30- so I cleaned out the trunk, put my purse and crap in the back seat, and then I decided that I would put on some lipgloss, I got my purse out and sat in the driver's seat, listening to Aretha Franklin - just chilling. I stood up, put my purse in the back seat - grabbed my book and Cherry Lime Aid and took off - just to discover that my keys were in my purse...Locked in the back seat!
So - I called my cool room mate and asked her to find my other keys, so she could come and rescue me! But, I must have put them in a really great place - because I couldn't remember where they were and she looked everywhere and couldn't find them. So, when Chris arrived, I told him the news - and that I was going to have to call my insurance company to come out with their roadside assistance. He was so cool about it - laughed at me and made light of it - as he called AAA and got them to come out!
We sat on a bench and looked at pictures from his trip, hung out in the cool Dallas air for about an hour until the locksmith arrived, freed my keys and then we went and celebrated my stupidity at Waffle House!
So a good time was had by all - well almost, a better time would have been had if I had been able to get some sleep - but.....It was a great adventure that will not be easily forgotten! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home