Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Friends

I have had a couple of great conversations with some friends here in Dallas. Conversations that make me think, and that make me realize areas that I need to grow. I have had conversations about theology, about God and how He acted in the Old Testament - stories about how He killed people because they disregarded His holiness - and how hard it is for me to love a God who does things like this. I mean, I would much rather view God as someone who is "safe" - I don't think any of us want to be friends with people who aren't "safe" - do we? But I have realized this week, that I must worship the God that is revealed in the OT, not the God I have made up - not the "safe" God of my imagination.
Also, I have had a conversation with my good friend Julie - and we talked about her boyfriend, and the boys I hang out with. And it was just a good conversation realizing that God is sufficient and that He knows exactly when to bring that person into our lives. It was just really good to talk to her about all that she has learned in this relationship, and how God's timing is perfect!
So, I feel as if I have been learning a lot - maybe like a Dixie cup under the waterfalls at Yosemite - and so much has spilled out! I hope I can act on what I am learning, and really worship God as He has reveled Himself -in all aspects!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home