Monday, June 19, 2006

Stamps

My favorite OT prophet is Elijah - and his sidekick Elisha. I love him for so many reasons, one of which is that he wasn't afraid to take risks, whine to God and do amazing things even at great risk to his life. But I have been re-reading his story along with reading the Gospels. And it has been so fun to see the "picture" of the Messiah that Elijah and Elisha were. Elisha feeds 100 people with a few loaves of bread and has left overs, he heals people with leprosy, raises people from the dead - little snapshots if what was to come. But these amazing stories are more like postage stamps - too small to really know much, but you know it must be big if they got a stamp! And then you read the story of J...How he fed 5000, how he healed lepers by just talking, how he forgave sins - how he raised people, not just one but people, from the dead - how He died and was raised, ascended! The list goes on! It is like God is "one-upping" the stories of the OT prophets! It is great!
I have just been reminded how incredible our Savior is and what wondrous grace He has given to me that I might be called His child! WOW!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, the picture is awesome and it is marvelous that He calls us His children and friends. Also,don't forget that in John 14:12 it says,"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to my Father." What a great promise we have!

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home