Thursday, June 01, 2006

Stories

You know, I have forgotten how much I love stories - but the last few nights I have put myself to sleep by telling stories in my head - stories from the Gospels. I have "remembered" J as I have talked to myself about how He walked on water, fed 5000, healed the paralytic that "fell" through the roof - and this morning - after a hot jog on the Corniche, I read the first few chapters out loud from my balcony. No one else could hear me because of the construction going on, but I just wanted to read some stories to my neighbors! :)
I have realized that this is how I can interact with the Glory of God that has been made flesh so that w can know Him. I learn from Him (as a Person, not some "spirit thingy" - but seeing Him all hot and sweaty on the side of the well asking for a drink - and then being so satisfied with doing God's will that other physical needs were diminished - by hearing John say "behold the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world" and "seeing" the face of the guy standing next to J - can you imagine? And by hearing J take on Nicodemus - turning everything upside down by showing Grace (something that wasn't known through the law) and seeing Nic's head spin (like ours after a Matrix movie) trying to figure out how to be born again :)
Listening to J, as He clouds Himself in His stories - and how He "tabernacles" among the people - the very glory of God visible! It makes my imagination bulge, my heart sing and my creative side leap! I am so grateful for His stories!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home