Saturday, June 10, 2006

The resurrection

I have been reading through the book of Acts today for an assignment with the college students. And I have realized how many times the apostles referred to the resurrection as the Gospel. I think that this is something that I have typically “tacked on” the end of the substitutionary atonement of the Cross. But what if it is more than that? Isn’t the resurrection of Christ the basis for our hope? Isn’t it the basis for our faith in our own salvation? Without the resurrection the cross would have been incomplete – so why do I act as if it is “extra?” I have been learning that the resurrection gives a clear presentation of the Trinity – Jesus is raised by the power of the Spirit at the Father’s command = all Three are there and all Three are doing different things. So you see Three distinct persons and yet one person = the Trinity. At the resurrection we get hope in judgment, the faith in our salvation and the understanding that we will one day live above sin and the curse. The resurrection needs to be more “real” in my Gospel….because it is this doctrine that allows for a relationship with Christ now – a risen Savior alive and interceding for me today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home