Saturday, June 10, 2006

Saturday at Starbucks

Well, I came to starbucks today to send some emails on their wireless DSL and then I met two teachers who teach at the "big" international school here in Beruit. It was great - we chatted for a few minutes and then exchanged numbers and we will try to get together later this summer. That was an unexpected meeting!
Anyway, I am writing because I have been listening to U2 for the last few days and the song "where the streets have no names" has become my theme song for the summer. I have been struck by this song before - but I have never lived in a place where you could tell so much about a person by just where they live. Are they in the Muslim section of town? The Christian area? Do they live in the south- cause if they do they are Hezbolah, etc, etc. And living here and listening to that song - that one day we will live in a place where the streets have no names - that I am going there....with you? It is all I can do - I have been singing that in my head as I meet people- reminding me that I am not going to live on this earth forever, and in the between time I am to make it my goal to love others into the Kingdom!
So- may it be soon....may He come and take us to a place where the streets have no names!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

katy,
i support you in your desire to learn to serve. i also support you in your desire to serve through teaching--not because it gains you a name--but because it is a gift that you can use and give back to God for His glory. don't let the accuser tell you that you are selfish b/c you want to use your gift and pay your bills. let the Lover of your soul tell you what He thinks of you and who He created you to be. i like your honesty. it is rare and that is why i value our short time hanging out in the emirates. isaiah and ben say "hi!"

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home