Wednesday, May 18, 2005

So, today school was awful! I spent over 3 1/2 hours outside and the temp was 115!!!! So I was very hot, tired because today is my "Friday" and I am so ready for the kids to leave school and me to be on my way home! Also, I learned that my sis is probably not coming back- so that means that I will have to spend time packing her crap - and my crap- as we will be packing up all of our lives here - which is sad!
I don't have anything major to write- But, I did go out for shisha again tonight - with about 7 other ladies - all from the levant - and there was a lot of Arabic being spoken and I was just struck once again by how great it is to live in this country - around people who are not like me, who talk differently, who laugh at different things - it is such a great reminder that life is not about me! I mean - it is hard to think that life is about you when you are confronted with the fact that all the people around you speak a totally different language!
and you know, I have found that God is so good- I mean He is good to me in so many ways - by providing this experience for me, for my health, my voice - that although at times it feels as if it is going to vanish, always manages to hold on for one more day - and for my friends here - I have made such good friends that I will love and cherish for the rest of my life! And not only that - but He has given me things that I thought I would never have! I mean, shisha - that is definitely beyond my wildest dreams! Friends to blog with - I mean, come on - who would have guessed that blogging would make me think about J in new and different ways - and think about my obedience to Him in revolutionary (at least to me) ways!
I told you that there would be nothing "amazing" about my blog today - but here it is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home