Wednesday, April 27, 2005

The case of the missing money!

Yes, this is some what of a mystery novel - but all the facts are true and have taken place over the last few days. I will start at the beginning - My school is having a concert and for this concert the children must have costumes. These costumes cost about 27 u.s. each and I am responsible for the money. We can't pay the tailor right away because then he might not finish the costumes, but we can't leave the money at school either. So this is a bit of a mess. So, I had decided since it was about 600 U.s. I should keep it with me - and put it in my cool, bottle cap bag. So, I have been carrying it around with me, always careful of it and thinking how silly it is that I have to do this. So, the other night while we were at sheesha we discussed the money and what I should do with it - and no conclusions were reached. The next day at school was the last day that I saw the money - we put 27 dollars into the envelope and then it disappeared - at least as far as we were concerned. My assistant had not seen it, and I had not seen it. I was getting pretty stressed because that is a lot of money and I would have to take it out of my salary to pay for the costumes and that means that I will have no money for school! So, I am stressing - but I think that it is at home - right? I mean how does someone lose all that money! So, I came home and scoured the house - I even checked the fridge and the bathroom just to make sure! But there was no money to be found. At this point I am crying out to God for help! I mean, I am at a loss - there is nothing more that I can do! So, I decided to go back to school and ask the ladies that clean the room. I ran into a helper who then told me to see another girl - she had turned in some money the day before. I found her, asked her and she said that she was cleaning up and almost threw it in the garbage, when she noticed that something was inside. She looked and thought "someone is testing me to see if I am honest, if I do not turn this money in I will get fired!" - after all, what else was she supposed to think - that some stupid lady left a months salary without even thinking about it? So, she turned it in - and today when I cam to school it was there, locked away in the administrator's desk waiting for me!
I was thrilled and ran around school talking about my stupidity and the great grace that was shown to me! Thank you Jesus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home