Friday, March 10, 2006

I confess

I confess that I only like grace when it works in my favor.
I confess that I want my friends to only have fun when they are with me.
I confess that I feel alone.
I confess that I fell as if no one gets me.
I confess that the reason I hate my job is that I feel like it is below me.
I confess that I have forgotten what it is like to live in a place surrounded by those who do not follow Christ.
I confess that the only reason I feel alone is because I don't want to need anyone.
I confess that people annoy me.
I confess that I live as if I have to earn God's love.
I confess that I think I deserve better than I have.
I confess that I am self-centered.
I confess that I compare and compete in all areas of life.
I confess that I do not guard my tongue.
I confess that I do not take time to love others.
I confess that I expect people to treat me with dignity, but I do not take the time to treat others this way.
I confess that I expect people to understand that I have a story - but I don't take the time to listen to theirs.
I confess that I live as if my sins are "mistakes."
I confess that I focus on other people's sins more than my own.
I confess that I don't even take the time to admit my need of others and God.
I confess that most of the time I don't think I need others or God.
I confess that I only want to hang out with people who think I am cool.
I confess that I get sick and tired of trying to "love mercy, do justice and walk humbly with God" I confess that I get mad because I don't have the money to go on a road trip from Johannesburg to Casa Blanca.
I confess that I live as if the world around me is the only reality.
I confess that I live as if the resurrection never happened.
I confess that I hate any limitations placed on me by others or myself.
I confess that I need grace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home