Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Creativity

I have realized that I love being creative - but that there are areas of creativity - like writing (especially poetry) and singing that I do not want to do publicly because I want people to like me! :) I mean, that I am afraid that they will think that I sing poorly or that I write horribly - so I keep these things to myself.
Also, I am learning that as the Body of Christ I need to admit that I need people - it is really hard for me to admit that I need someone - but I am learning to say "thanks, that was exactly what I needed" acknowledging that I need people. It is quite embarrassing to admit that I am not self-sufficient. And even more embarrassing to admit that I think I could be self-sufficient. I am realizing that I have bought into the American idea that I can make myself into whatever I want and have no need of anyone else! WHAT A JOKE!
I really need people - people right here in Dallas, friends that live in the Emirates, Canada and even California - saints that have lived before me - and saints that live all over the world, struggling to live like Jesus in different cultures and in different ways! I need people! That is what the Body of Christ is - a body, parts made into a whole - all relying on the Head and all dependent on each other!
I am really tired right now, and I am sure that I need to blog more - but hopefully I will get on for a really long blog this week - since I don't have classes - but right now I need a nap - so....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home