Thursday, August 25, 2005

Oprah Bites Again!

You know lately I have been talking a lot about what I have been feeling, what God has been teaching me and what I have been thinking about …but I was reminded this past weekend that I need to place the focus on glorifying God, not unraveling this passage of thoughts and memories and time in my life – I mean, I went to church and I heard my great friend Paul talk about Jn 17 – and I love that chapter, because it is where J prays for us to have a unity with Him and with each other – but that is not what Paul talked about, he focused on the first few verses where J prays for glory – I mean it is a very clear passage that shows God’s desire for glory – His own glory that is due Him. In the paraphrased words of a great author of our day – D. Miller – it is the most unselfish thing a perfect being can do to reveal Himself to us and allow us to give Him what He already has – as Paul talked about God wanting glory and us needing to reorganize our lives so that they were not about us but about God – I was struck once again about how much of my life is about me! I mean, I know that there is probably some balance somewhere – but I just feel like Oprah has bit me in the butt once again! I mean, if you read my last few blogs you would see that I have been strugglin’ – life in the US, my lack of need of things – people especially- and I have been getting sliced by the HS as He indwells other people and they have brought this to light and it has hurt – the good hurt of a massage on that really tender spot on your back – but none-the-less hurt! But then I went and heard Paul…and it was like – get a grip! You are not a follower of Oprah! You do not have to have everything in your life be about you – time for you to work this out- time for you to think through these things – time for ME!!!! It was like the last few days have been ME ME ME – and I have forgotten that the point of community, the point of transformation, the point of redemption is GOD”S GLORY! Not me! It is about Him…..and all of this focus on me has made me forget that I love because He chose to bring glory to Himself by loving me first and allowing me to have the ability to love others – all so that they can see Him – it is not about the level of community I have, or the idea that the world revolves around me and my ability to decide if I get married to the throngs if invisible men that have imaginary proposals for a life with me - WHAT A JOKE!!!! It is like I am the light in the refrigerator and I think that I am the most important part of the whole contraption - enough said.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katy,
Good to read your comments. How has the search for an ecclesiological home gone? I hope you've found a good one. We're now in Q and once we get over the jet lag, it will be better. We got a nice place to hang and great people here as well as a good job. Check out our new place on our website.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home