Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A great friend

Today I realized a lot of things - as you can tell by the plethora of blogs :) but one of the things I learned is about how cool God is in giving us friends - I have had some really cool friends in my life - friends that are like the best t-shirts you have ever had-that grow and stretch with you in your life, that have been through the coolest times in your life - and that you love so much you could never imagine life without them! These are the kinds of friends that are comforting just because they are there - just knowing that you can call them makes you smile - and the fun that you have with them is unimaginable and absolutely impossible to explain! These friends are rare - but God has been so gracious that I can say that I have had friends like that in every segment of my adult life! In college it was Adam and Joe, at seminary (the first time) it was Melissa and Katy and Angela and Louise - wow! What a priviledge to know these girls! And who could forget Paul and Donna! What a treasure to be able to be apart of their family- the rest of the world should be jealous! And then in the Emirates it was Vicki and Stacey - these are girls that Heb 11 would fit - the world is not worthy of them! And I could go on - what about Ben and Amy, well placed and impeccably timed friends to make me worship Jesus in ways I could have never imagined! And then I have Josh and Green- they are closer to me than family- and everyone should be jealous that they are related to me! :) And then now, God has placed such incredible people in my life - my roommate - she is more than I could have ever imagined! She loves Jesus the way I do, she is so very practical in her spirituality - and honest and wants transformation, really she does - she wants to be like Jesus! It is such an honor to be in her house! I can safely say that is the reason I have planted my life here in Dallas this semester - and have not planned trips around the world and adventures to faraway schools (in Portland :) - is because I would have my friends no matter where I live - but I can only room with Nicci if I stay here! And then there is Aaron - how do I express that? I can't - but I will try - it is like looking into the night sky on a clear night, and everytime you think it couldn't get any more beautiful, you see another cluster of stars that weren't there before - or you realize the immensity of the night sky or you take a deep breath, snuggle into the grass for the dazzling to reach into your soul - all the way to your toes - and then a streak, thousands of miles away- bursts across the sky- making your heart smile! Yeah- that is what it is like! It has been so much fun to watch God give me this friendship - and to watch it grow, as stars popping out of the night sky- to dazzle me a little bit more! I have hurt him, I have annoyed him, I have made fun of him, disagreed with him more times than not - and yet, the conversations we have make me love Jesus more, and the time we spend together makes me love people more -
I feel like I have just tried to use a Dixie cup to hold Niagara falls...But at least I tried! :)
I am so grateful for these relationships....I am so glad that I have had so many people that these words would describe - and I am so grateful that I could add many more to this list - so don't get mad if you are not on it - it is just that the library closes in a few minutes! :) Wow! I am humbled that God would see fit to allow me to be apart of these peoples lives! Thanks Jesus!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know that I am nothing like the "stars" but I'm glad that I have you as my friend and that you realize the depth of my love for you. With out you I would just be a crazy man in a family of ____? I could not find the word, sorry...I write to say I'm proud of you and us.

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When Renee Thacker told me you were coming back in town, and you'd be living in the tower, I thought that was pretty cool. Then she told me you were going to room with Nicci, and I was like, "That's awesome! They're going to have so much fun!" The last week or so, I've gotten to know Nicci a bit better, and you really are lucky to have her for a roommate. By the way, would you like to try to get together with Renee while she's here? I think the three of us could have fun...

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home