Saturday, October 22, 2005

What is it about me?

Today I am super emotional - it is probably because I only got 5 hours of sleep, I am stressed by the truckload of homework that has to be accomplished this weekend- and I only have 6 hours to do it in....Otherwise I don't sleep again! Or because I am a girl and I can be emotional if I choose - but the particular flavor of emotionalism is that I am looking around at all of my friends and I am seeing them pair up - it seems as if everyone I hang out with has someone interested in them.....Except me! What is it about me? Am I really that bad? I mean- I love kids, love people, love God - or at least I try to do these things- I am intelligent, I am funny, I am genuinely concerned about things that matter- of course, I am whacked, act like a jerk more often than I would like to admit, and have serious self-esteem issues on most days - but over all.....
So what is it about me? Why are all the other girls I hang out with having guys ask them out, having guys interested in them? Why am I the only one who is untouchable? I tell myself one of two things - the first and most likely to be in my head on any given day -is that I am not pretty enough to catch a guy- but the second is that I scare guys off by being opinionated and smart and funny - this is the idea that prevents me from breaking down into tears today - the idea that the guys are the ones that are stupid -but is that really true? I mean, don't we always see people who are 35 and not married or dating, and don't we assume that there is a reason? I mean, if they were the great catch that we think they are, somebody would have snagged them up- right? They must be emotional basket cases, or have serious sin issues - or can't relate or commit to anyone! We don't think it is because the opposite sex is stupid! I mean - come on! Here I sit, about to break down, and all I can come up with is that boys are stupid! That is pathetic!
I guess I could go with the tried and true - and it is true - that if I needed a husband, God would give me one - but for some reason that doesn't make me feel like any less of a freak today!

1 Comments:

Blogger Gilbert said...

Here it is, the root of you. For some reason you don't feel loved, worthy of love. That is just bull shit! I love you and think you are beautiful. And you are fully loved by God, made in His image and beautiful...all of you, body soul spirit. You must also remember "alone are you, free you are". enjoy it! J did not come to show us how to live, He came to show us Radical dependency on Father!

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home