Monday, February 20, 2006

a funny story

I was getting gas yesterday - and because I am trying to live on a budget, I get all my cash for the week out at once and divide it into categories - which is good, but it means that I can't use my card at the pump and I have to go inside. So, I went in. It was really cold yesterday in Dallas - about 30 degrees and a strong cold wind. So as soon as I made it in the door I shivered and said "Brrrr" to which the Pakistani man that was working behind the counter responded with " You're cute!" I smiled and said "thanks" and then he said "but I bet you don't like boys!" I just laughed and said - "no, I like boys!" and just shot up a quick prayer for all those single women who work in places where you get hit on all the time! Man, life in the US is really different than most places. I just laughed at his candor, assumptions and my "catch 22" - I mean what do I say - yes I like boys so you can keep hitting on me - or no I am gay! But is made me laugh!Of course, he offered to take me to Pakistan, told me that it was ok that it was a huge offer, because "love is crazy" and it does crazy things! I thanked him, told him to keep me posted about when he is going home - and went back into the cold to pump my gas with a smile!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home