Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Great parents

You know that feeling you get when someone has opened you up emotionally and you are about to lose it...Tears are about to pour forth and you are not going to be able to keep up with reality? Well, that is the feeling I got today when my Dad asked me if I was frustrated with not being able to find a job. I just felt his love and care for me oozing over the phone line and I just wanted to put my head on his shoulder and cry because life is hard, and it stinks and I don't like being a grown up! And then, as my voice cracked with my emphatic "Yes...Dad it is killing me!" He said that he was going to take today to pray especially for me - tears have crowded into my eyes as I am writing this.....You see, dad is sick- he has a cancerous tumor that has been giving him a rough time - surgery, medicine, etc. And on top of that, he is home sick because he caught some virus....And three out of his four kids need money and are looking for work - and he said that as he laid on his bed, in pain - he would pray for me! I just love having parents that love me - and when I have to come to them, tail between my legs - repentant for my rebellion and pride, they take me in, give me grace - offer me forgiveness - and serve me and love me!
Thanks J for such a great picture of Your unfailing love! May you bless me with the ability to love like my parents love me!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home